Funnel breakdowns allow you to dive deeper into your events to find valuable insights. The breakdown tables provide a numeric breakdown and they can also be teamed with custom properties so that you can tailor your breakdowns to your specific needs.
Check out this short video to see how:
What does this look like?
Above: A Three-step funnel with a breakdown table beneath it
How can I view breakdown tables?
1. Open a funnel
You will always be able to select different columns (steps) of the funnel. You can also click between any two events to focus on the visitors who drop out of the funnel.
2. Click 'Breakdown by':
3. Select a property:
Choose from one of the many properties to apply as a breakdown.
4. Breakdown table appears below the funnel:
The steps of the funnel are displayed in columns while the rows display the different values of the property (In this case, ‘Country’). The conversion rates are also listed along with links to the specific recordings.
How can I break down the funnel drop-offs?
1. With a breakdown table loaded, simply click on a section of the funnel:
2. The breakdown table of the drop-off will then appear:
Customization is key: Add your own properties to get personalized insights.
As always, we make Smartlook as customizable as possible. That’s why we’ve made it possible for you to set up and add your own custom properties. In essence, the limitations have been removed and your team can decide for themselves which properties are valuable for your situation.
E-shops can easily segment event or funnel properties.
Similarly, if you’re working on the latest gaming app, event and funnel breakdowns also work for Android and iOS
If you’re in SaaS and want to find your ideal user, breakdowns show you the relevant data before taking you to the recordings to find answers to your questions.
Why use Funnel breakdowns?
- Breaking down Funnels is another valuable tool to be able to visualize data quantitatively (the metrics) and use the table as a quick method to get to qualitative (the recordings) analysis.
- Using Custom properties, you can customize Smartlook to have the correct data available in order to get answers to the questions you have.
- Using data from the recordings, you can build funnels retroactively in a matter of seconds. There’s no need to wait to find answers.
Have any questions? We're happy to help you: email@example.com