You can make funnels out of any series of events set up in your project. After selecting the events and their order, you can see the conversion funnel and be able to see how many visitors converted or dropped off.
Before you can set up your funnels, be sure you have set up all events you need for the steps of your funnel. Funnels can contain any number of steps and you can rearrange the steps at a later time.
To set up a funnel:
- In the Funnels section, click + New funnel.
- Give your funnel a name and choose the category.
- Choose the events for your funnel. Click Add event to add another step to your funnel.
- If you are using Revenue insights, choose the currency for your revenue.
- Enable Any order if you want the steps in the funnel to be followed in Any order to be a conversion. The default for funnels is In order.
- In order—Steps must be completed in order to be counted as a conversion. For example, in a four-step funnel, the steps must be completed in order: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4.
- Any order—Steps can be completed in any order to be counted as a conversion. For example, in a four-step funnel, the steps can be completed in any order: 1 -> 3 -> 4 -> 2.
- Enable Monitor anomalies to monitor anomalies in your funnel.
- Click New funnel.
And that’s it! Data from events is tracked as soon as your website receives the Smartlook code. Also, all funnel data is collected retroactively meaning that your funnel data is ready immediately!
- Opening a certain page (Visited URL)
- Clicking on a specific button (Clicked-on text/CSS selector)
- Entering a specific search term (Typed-text)
- Clicking on a field (Focus on input)
- Custom events
Updated 8 months ago